- Hosting Terms
- Domain Registration Agreement
- ICANN Uniform Name Dispute Resolution Policy
- ICANN Registrant Rights and Responsibilities
- ICANN Registrant Benefits and Responsibilities
- Terms and Conditions regarding use of Microsoft Software
- Microsoft Product Specific Terms
1. Use of File Sanctuary Products and ServicesYou may use any of our services, provided that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of England or other jurisdictions. In order to access certain services, you are required to provide current and accurate identification, contact, and other information as part of the registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information, and are responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You are solely responsible for all content on your account. You agree to immediately notify File Sanctuary of any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security. File Sanctuary will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to provide us with accurate information or to keep your account secure.
2. Acceptable ConductYou agree that you are responsible for maintaining your own account. You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, files, attachments or other materials (‘Content’) are the sole responsibility of the account from which such Content originated. File Sanctuary reserves the right, but does not assume the responsibility, to monitor or review any Content on File Sanctuary services. You agree that you are responsible for the conduct of all users of your account and any Content that is created, transmitted, stored, or displayed by, from, or within your account while using File Sanctuary services and for any consequences thereof. You agree to use File Sanctuary services only for purposes that are legal, proper and in accordance with the Terms of Service and any applicable policies or guidelines. You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts File Sanctuary services or servers or networks connected to File Sanctuary services.
3. Prohibited UsageYou agree that any of the below activities are considered prohibited usage and will result in immediate account suspension or cancellation without a refund and the possibility that File Sanctuary will impose fees; and/or pursue civil remedies without providing advance notice.Misuse of System Resources: Misuse of system resources, including but not limited to employing programs that consume excessive CPU time, network capacity, disk IO or storage space.Unsolicited Communications: Sending unsolicited bulk messages utilising our network. Generating a significantly higher volume of outgoing e-mail than a normal user. Using a non-existent email return address. Open E-mail relaying. Sending out unsolicited email from any other network that points to a File Sanctuary server.Access to Other Computers or Networks without Authorisation: Attempting unauthorised and/or illegal access of computers, networks and/or accounts not belonging to party seeking access. Any act which interferes with the services of another user or network. Any act relating to the circumvention of security measures.Other Activities viewed as Illegal or Harmful: Engaging in illegal activities or engaging in activities harmful to the operations of File Sanctuary or the customer.Providing False Data on any Contract or Application: including fraudulent use of credit/debit card numbers and/or any other payment method.
4. Account Cancellation or SuspensionFile Sanctuary may cancel or suspend your access to File Sanctuary services at any time and for any reason without notice. Upon cancellation or suspension, your right to use the service will stop immediately. You may not have access to data that you stored on the service after we suspend or terminate the service. You are responsible for backing-up your data that you use with the service. If we cancel your service in its entirety without cause, we will refund to you on a pro-rata basis the amount of your payment corresponding to the portion of your service remaining right before we terminated your service.You may terminate the service at any time by selecting Request Cancellation under either the My Products or My Services section of the Customer Portal, as appropriate. YOU MUST DO THIS USING YOUR OWN ACCOUNT IN THE CUSTOMER PORTAL FOR SECURITY PURPOSES. As soon as you request cancellation of your service, your right to use it stops immediately. You may not have access to data that you stored on the service after you terminate the service. You are responsible for backing-up your data that you use with the service. Cancellation of the service by you will not alter your obligations to pay all charges due to File Sanctuary at the time of cancellation.
5. Charges and BillingYou agree that File Sanctuary shall be permitted to charge your credit/debit card or other agreed payment method, on a monthly basis in advance of providing its services or as needed for prepayments, for your subscription fee, any applicable sales taxes, and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of File Sanctuary services. The monthly subscription fee is billed in full on the first day of your paid subscription and monthly thereafter, unless and until you cancel your subscription. If your billing date lands on a day not contained in a given month, you will be billed on the last day of that month. For example, if your paid subscription began on March 31st, your next billing date would be April 30th.Prepayments will be billed to your card within 24 hours of their receipt. Prepayments are entitled to a refund if the customer requests a cancellation during the first month of service, the remaining months (minus the cost of the first month) will be credited back to the customer’s account. Any remaining balance on a customer’s account may only be used for File Sanctuary services and will not be refunded.File Sanctuary is not responsible for any additional bank fees, interest charges, finance charges, over draft charges, or other fees resulting from charges billed by File Sanctuary. Currency exchange settlements will be based on agreements between you and the provider of your credit/debit card or other payment method. In addition, we do not give pro-rated refunds for unused time if cancellation is initiated during the middle of a billing cycle. We reserve the right to change our fees, but will notify you in advance of increases.All charges are non-refundable unless expressly stated otherwise, or otherwise provided by applicable law. The costs of any returns if permitted will be at your expense, unless otherwise provided by applicable law.
6. Limitation of LiabilityYOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT FILE SANCTUARY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE FILE SANCTUARY SERVICES; (II) UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; OR (III) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO FILE SANCTUARY SERVICES. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING IN THE AGREEMENT TO THE CONTRARY, THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE MONETARY LIABILITY OF FILE SANCTUARY AND ANY OF ITS AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AFFILIATES IN CONNECTION WITH THE FILE SANCTUARY SERVICES, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW (INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, AND INFRINGEMENT) SHALL NOT EXCEED THREE TIMES ONE MONTHS RECURRING FEE FOR THE SERVICES THAT ARE THE SUBJECT OF THE CLAIM AS OF THE TIME OF THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENTS GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
7. Exclusions and LimitationsNothing in this agreement is intended to exclude or limit any condition, warranty, right or liability which may not be lawfully excluded or limited.
8. No Third Party BeneficiariesYou agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this Terms of Service, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to the Terms of Service.
9. Warranty DisclaimerYOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF FILE SANCTUARY SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ALL SERVICES PROVIDED BY FILE SANCTUARY ARE AVAILABLE AS IS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES APPLIED.
10. IndemnityYou agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless File Sanctuary, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the File Sanctuary services; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that use of our services caused damage to a third party. This defence and indemnification obligation will survive this Agreement and your use of the File Sanctuary services.
11. NoticeYou agree that File Sanctuary may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms of Service, by email, regular mail, or postings on File Sanctuary services.
12. General InformationEntire Agreement. The Terms of Service (including any policies, guidelines or amendments that may be presented to your from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and File Sanctuary and govern your use of File Sanctuary services, superseding any prior agreements between you and File Sanctuary for the use of File Sanctuary services. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other File Sanctuary services, affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software.Choice of Law and Forum. The Terms of Service and the relationship between you and File Sanctuary shall be governed by the laws of England without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and File Sanctuary agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of File Sanctuary to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms of Service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms of Service remain in full force and effect.Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of File Sanctuary services or the Terms of Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
1. In this Registration Agreement(“Agreement”), “Registrant”, “you” and “your” refers to the Registrant of each domain name registration, “we”, “us” and “our” refers to Tucows.com Co., and “Services” refers to the domain name registration services provided by us as offered through File Sanctuary, the Registration Service Provider (“Reseller”). Any reference to a “registry,” “Registry” or “Registry Operator” shall refer to the registry administrator of the applicable top-level domain (“TLD”). This Agreement explains our obligations to you, and explains your obligations to us for the Services. By agreeing to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, you are also agreeing to be bound by the rules and regulations set forth by a registry for that particular registry only.
2. Selection of a Domain NameYou acknowledge and agree that we cannot guarantee that you will obtain a desired domain name, even if an inquiry indicates that a domain name is available at the time of your application. You represent that, to the best of the your knowledge and belief, neither the registration of the domain name nor the manner in which you intend to use it, infringes upon the legal rights of a third party and further, that the domain name is not being registered for, nor shall it at any time whatsoever be used for, any unlawful purpose. During the period following registration of a domain name and the appointment of active name servers, we may post a stagnant web page and any revenues generated from same shall be for our own account.
3. FeesAs consideration for the Services, you agree to pay Reseller the applicable service(s) fees prior to the effectiveness of a desired domain name registration or any renewal thereof. All fees payable hereunder are non-refundable even if your domain name registration is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your current registration term. As further consideration for the Services, you agree to: (1) provide certain current, complete and accurate information about you as required by the registration process, and (2) maintain and update this information as needed to keep it current, complete and accurate. All such information shall be referred to as account information (“Account Information”). You represent that the Account Information and all other statements put forth in your application are true, complete and accurate. Both Tucows and each registry reserves the right to terminate your domain name registration if: (i) information provided by you or your agent is false, inaccurate, incomplete, unreliable, misleading or otherwise secretive; or (ii) you have failed to maintain, update and keep your Account Information true, current, complete, accurate and reliable. You acknowledge that a breach of this Section 3 will constitute a material breach of our Agreement, which will entitle either us or a registry to terminate this Agreement immediately upon such breach without any refund and without notice to you.
4. TermThis Agreement will remain in effect during the term of your domain name registration as selected, recorded and paid for at the time of registration or any renewal thereof. Should the domain name be transferred to another registrar, the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall cease.
5. Modifications to AgreementYou acknowledge that the practice of registering and administering domain names is constantly evolving; therefore, you agree that Tucows may modify this Agreement, or any other related and/or applicable agreement, as is necessary to comply with its agreements with ICANN, a registry or any other entity or individual, as well as to adjust to changing circumstances. All amendments to this Agreement will be posted on our website. Your continued use of the domain name registered to you will constitute your acceptance of this Agreement with any revisions. If you do not agree to any change, you may request that your domain name registration be cancelled or transferred to a different accredited registrar. You agree that such cancellation or request for transfer will be your exclusive remedy if you do not wish to abide by any change to this Agreement, or any other related and/or applicable agreement.
6. Modifications to your AccountIn order to change any of your account information with us, you must use the Account Identifier and Password that you selected when you opened your account with us. You agree to safeguard your Account Identifier and Password from any unauthorized use. In no event shall we be liable for the unauthorized use or misuse of your Account Identifier or Password.
7. No GuaranteeYou acknowledge that registration or reservation of your chosen domain name does not confer immunity from objection to the registration, reservation or use of the domain name.
8. Domain name DisputesYou agree that, if the registration or reservation of your domain name is challenged by a third party, you will be subject to the provisions specified in the dispute policy adopted by the applicable registry. You agree that in the event a domain name dispute arises with any third party, you will indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions contained in the applicable policy. If Tucows is notified that a complaint has been filed with a judicial or administrative body regarding your domain name, Tucows may, at its sole discretion, suspend your ability to use your domain name or to make modifications to your registration records until (i) Tucows is directed to do so by the judicial or administrative body, or (ii) Tucows receives notification by you and the other party contesting your domain that the dispute has been settled. Furthermore, you agree that if you are subject to litigation regarding your registration or use of your domain name, Tucows may deposit control of your registration record into the registry of the judicial body by supplying a party with a registrar certificate from us.
9. PolicyYou agree that your registration of the domain name shall be subject to suspension, cancellation, or transfer pursuant to a Tucows, registry, ICANN or government-adopted policy, or pursuant to any registrar or registry procedure not inconsistent with a Tucows, registry, ICANN or government-adopted policy, (1) to correct mistakes by us or a registry in registering the name or (2) for the resolution of disputes concerning the domain name.
10. AgencyShould you intend to license use of a domain name to a third party you shall nonetheless be the domain name holder of record and are therefore responsible for providing your own full contact information and for providing and updating accurate technical and administrative contact information adequate to facilitate timely resolution of any problems that arise in connection with the domain name. You shall accept liability for harm caused by wrongful use of the domain name, unless you promptly disclose the current contact information provided by the licensee and the identity of the licensee to a party providing the Registered Name Holder reasonable evidence of actionable harm. You represent that you will secure the agreement of any third party to the terms and conditions in this Agreement.
11. AnnouncementsWe reserve the right to distribute information to you that is pertinent to the quality or operation of our services and those of our service partners. These announcements will be predominately informative in nature and may include notices describing changes, upgrades, new products or other information to add security or to enhance your identity on the Internet.
12. Limitation of LiabilityYou agree that our entire liability, and your exclusive remedy, with respect to any Services(s) provided under this Agreement and any breach of this Agreement is solely limited to the amount you paid for the initial registration of your domain name. Tucows and its directors, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and third party providers, ICANN and the applicable registries shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from the use or inability to use any of the Services or for the cost of procurement of substitute services. Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states, our liability is limited to the extent permitted by law. We disclaim any and all loss or liability resulting from, but not limited to: (1) loss or liability resulting from access delays or access interruptions; (2) loss or liability resulting from data non-delivery or data mis-delivery; (3) loss or liability resulting from acts of God; (4) loss or liability resulting from the unauthorized use or misuse of your account identifier or password; (5) loss or liability resulting from errors, omissions, or misstatements in any and all information or services(s) provided under this Agreement; (6) loss or liability resulting from the interruption of your Service. You agree that we will not be liable for any loss of registration and use of your domain name, or for interruption of business, or any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind (including lost profits) regardless of the form of action whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
13. IndemnityYou agree to release, indemnify, and hold Tucows, its contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors and affiliates, ICANN, the applicable registries and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates harmless from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorney’s fees, of third parties arising out of or relating to the registration or use of the domain name registered in your name, whether used by yourself, licensed to a third party or pursuant to the Whois Privacy Service, including without limitation infringement by you or a third party with access to your Account Identifier and Password. You also agree to release, indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions contained in the applicable Dispute Policy. When we are threatened with suit by a third party, we may seek written assurances from you concerning your promise to indemnify us; your failure to provide those assurances may be considered by us to be a breach of your Agreement and may result in the suspension or cancellation of your domain name. This indemnification obligation will survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
14. Transfer of OwnershipThe person named as Registrant on the Whois shall be the registered name holder. The person named as administrative contact at the time the controlling account identifier and password are secured shall be deemed the designate of the Registrant with the authority to manage the domain name. You agree that prior to transferring ownership of your domain name to another person (the “Transferee”) you shall require the Transferee to agree, in writing to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If the Transferee fails to be bound in a reasonable fashion (as determine by us in our sole discretion) to the terms and conditions in this Agreement, any such transfer will be null and void.
15. Renewals and ForfeitureDomain names are registered for a finite period of time. You will receive reminders immediately prior to the expiration of your registration inviting you to renew your domain name and specifying the amount of time you have to renew your domain name. In the event that you fail to renew your domain name in a timely fashion, your registration will expire and we may, at our discretion, elect to assume the registration and may hold it for our own account, delete it or we may sell it to a third party. You acknowledge and agree that your right and interest in a domain name ceases upon its expiration and that any expired domain name may be made available for registration by a third party. If you fail to renew your registration, your domain name may cease to resolve and visitors to your site may be redirected to a default page informing them that the site is no longer in service. This parked or default page may feature advertisements posted by us for our own account.If we, in our sole discretion, have elected to renew the registration, you will be entitled to a grace period of thirty-five (35) days during which you may re-register the domain name from us. Additional costs for the redemption and re-registration will apply. During this grace period, we may post a parked page and/or may revise the “Whois” registration records to include either our information or that of your Reseller. The domain name also may be listed for auction. If the name is sold during any such auction, it will be acquired by a third party on a provisional basis and will remain available for re-registration by you during our stated grace period. If you do not re-register the domain name during the grace period, the auction sale will be concluded.If you fail to renew your domain name registration during the grace period, you acknowledge that you have abandoned the domain name and that it is available for sale and registration by any third party.
16. BreachYou agree that failure to abide by any provision of this Agreement, any operating rule or policy or the Dispute Policy provided by us, may be considered by us to be a material breach and that we may provide a written notice, describing the breach, to you. If within fifteen (15) calendar days of the date of such notice, you fail to provide evidence, which is reasonably satisfactory to us, that you have not breached your obligations under the Agreement, then we may delete the registration or reservation of your domain name. Any such breach by you shall not be deemed to be excused simply because we did not act earlier in response to that, or any other breach by you.
17. Disclaimer of WarrantiesYou agree that your use of our Services is solely at your own risk. You agree that such Service(s) is provided on an “as is,” “as available” basis. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements, or that the Service(s) will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service(s) or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the Service or that defects in the Service will be corrected. You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of Service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data. We make no warranty regarding any goods or services purchased or obtained through the Service or any transactions entered into through the Service. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the Service shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.
18. InformationAs part of the registration process, you are required to provide us certain information and to update us promptly as such information changes such that our records are current, complete and accurate. You are obliged to provide us the following information: (a) your name, postal address, e-mail address, and voice and fax (if available) telephone numbers; (b) the domain name being registered; (c) the name, postal address, e-mail address, and voice and fax (if available) telephone numbers of the administrative contact for the domain name; (d) the name, postal address, e-mail address, and voice and fax (if available) telephone numbers of the billing contact for the domain name; and (e) the name, postal address, e-mail address, and voice and fax (if available) telephone numbers of the technical contact for the domain name. Any voluntary information we request is collected in order that we can continue to improve the products and services offered to you through your Reseller.
19. Disclosure and use of Registration InformationYou agree and acknowledge that we will make domain name registration information you provide available to ICANN, to the registry administrators, law enforcement agencies and to other third parties as applicable. You further agree and acknowledge that we may make publicly available, or directly available to third party vendors, some or all, of the domain name registration information you provide, for purposes of inspection (such as through our Whois service) or other purposes as required or permitted by ICANN and applicable laws. (a) You hereby consent to any and all such disclosures and use of, and guidelines, limits and restrictions on disclosure or use of, information provided by you in connection with the registration of a domain name (including any updates to such information), whether during or after the term of your registration of the domain name. You hereby irrevocably waive any and all claims and causes of action you may have arising from such disclosure or use of your domain name registration information by us. (b) You may access your domain name registration information in our possession to review, modify or update such information, by accessing our domain manager service, or similar service, made available by us through your Reseller. (c) We will not process or maintain data about any identified or identifiable natural person that we obtain from you in a way incompatible with the purposes and other limitations which we describe in this Agreement. (d) We will take reasonable precautions to protect the information we obtain from you from our loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information.
20. Obligation to Maintain WhoisYour wilful provision of inaccurate or unreliable information, your wilful failure promptly to update information provided to us, or any failure to respond to inquiries by us addressed to the email address of the registrant, the administrative, billing or technical contact appearing in the Whois directory with respect to a domain name concerning the accuracy of contact details associated with the registration shall constitute a material breach of this Agreement and be a basis for cancellation of the domain name registration. Any information collected by us concerning an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Data”) will be used in connection with the registration of your domain name(s) and for the purposes of this Agreement and as required or permitted by ICANN or an applicable registry policy.
21. RevocationWe, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to deny, cancel, suspend, transfer or modify any domain name registration to correct a mistake, protect the integrity and stability of the company and any applicable registry, to comply with any applicable laws, government rules, or requirements, requests of law enforcement, in compliance with any dispute resolution process, or to avoid any liability, civil or criminal. You agree that we shall not be liable to you for loss or damages that may result from our refusal to register or cancel, suspend, transfer or modify your domain name registration.
22. Inconsistencies with Registry PoliciesIn the event that this Agreement may be inconsistent with any term, condition, policy or procedure of an applicable registry, the term, condition, policy or procedure of the applicable registry shall prevail.
23. Non-WaiverOur failure to require performance by you of any provision hereof shall not affect the full right to require such performance at any time thereafter; nor shall the waiver by us of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself.
24. NoticesAny notice, direction or other communication given under this Agreement shall be in writing and given by sending it via e-mail or via regular mail. In the case of e-mail, valid notice shall only have been deemed to be given when an electronic confirmation of delivery has been obtained by the sender. E-mail notification to Tucows must be sent to [email protected] Any notice to you will be sent to the e-mail address provided by you in your Whois record. Any e-mail communication shall be deemed to have been validly and effectively given on the date of such communication, if such date is a business day and such delivery was made prior to 4:00 p.m. EST, otherwise it will be deemed to have been delivered on the next business day. In the case of regular mail notice, valid notice shall be deemed to have been validly and effectively given five (5) business days after the date of mailing Postal notices to Tucows shall be sent to: Tucows.com Co.Registrant Affairs Office96 Mowat AvenueToronto, Ontario M6K 3M1CANADAAttention: Legal Affairsand in the case of notification to you shall be sent to the address specified in the “Administrative Contact” in your Whois record.
25. EntiretyYou agree that this Agreement, the applicable dispute policy and the rules and policies published by Tucows and any applicable registry or other governing authority, are the complete and exclusive agreement between you and us regarding our Services.
26. No Third Party BeneficiariesThis Agreement shall not be construed to create any obligation by either Tucows or Registrant to any non-party to this Agreement. Enforcement of this Agreement, included any provisions incorporated by reference, is a matter solely for the parties to this Agreement.
27. Governing LawTHIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND INTERPRETED AND ENFORCED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF PROVINCE OF ONTARIO AND THE FEDERAL LAWS OF CANADA APPLICABLE THEREIN WITHOUT REFERENCE TO RULES GOVERNING CHOICE OF LAWS. ANY ACTION RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE BROUGHT IN ONTARIO AND YOU IRREVOCABLY CONSENT TO THE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS.
28. InfancyYou attest that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement.
29. Force MajeureYou acknowledge and agree that neither we nor the applicable registry shall be responsible for any failures or delays in performing our respective obligations hereunder arising from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to, acts of God, acts of civil or military authority, fires, wars, riots, earthquakes, storms, typhoons and floods.
31. Controlling LanguageIn the event that you are reading this Agreement in a language other than the English language, you acknowledge and agree that the English language version hereof shall prevail in case of inconsistency or contradiction in interpretation or translation.
32. TLD’sThe following additional provisions apply to any domain names that you register through Tucows with the various registries:
- .com/net Domains: In the case of a “.com” or “.net” registration, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- Submission to UDRP. Registrant agrees to submit to proceedings under ICANN’s Uniform Domain Dispute Policy (“UDRP”) (http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/policy.htm) and comply with the requirements set forth by the Registry; these policies are subject to modification;
- For the adjudication of disputes concerning or arising from use of the domain name, the Registrant shall submit, without prejudice to other potentially applicable jurisdictions, to the jurisdiction of the courts (1) of the Registrant’s domicile, and (2) where Tucows is located, presently Toronto, Ontario.
- .org Domains: In the case of a “.org” registration, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- Submission to UDRP. Registrant agrees to submit to proceedings under ICANN’s Uniform Dom ain Dispute Policy (“UDRP”) (http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/policy.htm) and comply with the requirements set forth by the Registry. These policies are subject to modification;
- For the adjudication of disputes concerning or arising from use of the domain name, the Registrant shall submit, without prejudice to other potentially applicable jurisdictions, to the jurisdiction of the courts (1) of the Registrant’s domicile, and (2) where Tucows is located, presently Toronto, Ontario.
- .info Domains: In the case of a “.info” registration, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- Registrant’s Personal Data. You consent to the use, copying, distribution, publication, modification, and other processing of Registrant’s personal data by Afilias, the .INFO registry, and its designees and agents, in a manner consistent with the purposes specified pursuant to its contract;
- Submission to UDRP. Registrant agrees to submit to proceedings under ICANN’s Uniform Domain Dispute Policy (“UDRP”) (http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/policy.htm) and comply with the requirements set forth by the Registry. These policies are subject to modification;
- For the adjudication of disputes concerning or arising from use of the domain name, the Registrant shall submit, without prejudice to other potentially applicable jurisdictions, to the jurisdiction of the courts (1) of the Registrant’s domicile, and (2) where Tucows is located, presently Toronto, Ontario;
- Reservation of Rights. Tucows and Afilias expressly reserve the right to deny, cancel, transfer, or modify any registration that either registrar or Afilias deems necessary, at its discretion, to protect the integrity and stability of the registry, to comply with any applicable law, any government rule or requirement, any request of law enforcement, any dispute resolution process, or to avoid any liability, civil or criminal, on the part of the registrar and/or Afilias, as well as their affiliates, subsidiaries, executives, directors, officers, managers, employees, consultants, and agents. The registrar and Afilias also reserve the right to suspend a domain name or its registration data during resolution of a dispute.
- .biz Domains. In the case of a “.biz” registration, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- .biz Restrictions. Registrations in the .biz top-level domain must be used or intended to be used primarily for bona fide business or commercial purposes. For the purposes of the .biz registration restrictions, “bona fide business or commercial use” shall mean the bona fide use or bona fide intent to use the domain name or any content, software, materials, graphics or other information thereon, to permit Internet users to access one or more host computers through the DNS: (A) to exchange goods, services, or property of any kind; (B) in the ordinary course of business; or (C) to facilitate (i) the exchange of goods, services, information or property of any kind; or (ii) the ordinary course of trade or business.For more information on the .biz restrictions, which are incorporated herein by reference, please see: http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/biz/registry-agmt-appl-18apr01.htm.
- Selection of a Domain Name. You represent that: (A) the data provided in the domain name registration application is true, correct, up to date and complete, and that you will continue to keep all of the information provided correct, up-to-date and complete; (B) to the best of the your knowledge and belief, neither this registration of a domain name nor the manner in which it is directly or indirectly to be used infringes upon the legal rights of a third party; (C) that the domain name is not being registered for nor shall it at any time whatsoever be used for any unlawful purpose whatsoever; (D) the registered domain name will be used primarily for bona fide business or commercial purposes and not (a) exclusively for personal use, or (b) solely for the purposes of (1) selling, trading or leasing the domain name for compensation, or (2) the unsolicited offering to sell, trade or lease the domain name for compensation; (E) you have the authority to enter into this Registration Agreement; and (F) the registered domain name is reasonably related to your business or intended commercial purpose at the time of registration.
- Provision of Registration Data. As part of the registration process, you are required to provide us with certain information and to keep the information true, current, complete, and accurate at all times. The information includes the following: (A) your full name; (B) your postal address; (C) your e-mail address; (D) your voice telephone number; (E) your fax number (if applicable); (F) the name of an authorized person for contact purposes in the case of a registrant that is an organization, association, or corporation; (G) the IP addresses of the primary nameserver and any secondary nameserver for the domain name; (H) the corresponding names of the primary and secondary nameservers; (I) the full name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and, when available, fax number of the administrative, technical, and billing contacts, and the name holder for the domain name; and (J) any remark concerning the domain name that should appear in the Whois directory. (K) You agree and understand that the foregoing registration data will be publicly available and accessible on the Whois directory as required by ICANN and/or registry policies, and may be sold in bulk in accordance with the ICANN agreement.
- Domain Name Disputes. You acknowledge having read and understood and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the following documents, as they may be amended from time to time, which are hereby incorporated and made an integral part of this Agreement: (A) The Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (“Dispute Policy), available at: http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/policy.htm; (B) The Restrictions Dispute Resolution Criteria and Rules (“RDRP”), available at: http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/biz/registry-agmt-appm-27apr01.htm; (collectively, the “Dispute Policies”).
- The Dispute Policy sets forth the terms and conditions in connection with a dispute between a Registrant and any party other than the Registry or Registrar over the registration and use of an Internet domain name registered by Registrant.
- The RDRP sets forth the terms under which any allegation that a domain name is not used primarily for business or commercial purposes shall be endorsed on a case-by-case, fact specific basis by an independent ICANN-accredited dispute provider.
- .name Domains. In the case of a “.name” registration, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- .name Restrictions. Registrations in the .name top-level domain must constituour sole remedy is to cancel your domain name registration with us, provided that you will not be entitled to a refund of any fees you paid to us. The revised Policy will apply to you until you cancel your domain name registration
1. Definitions“Client Software” means software that allows a Device to access or utilize the services or functionality provided by the Server Software. “Device” means each of a computer, workstation, terminal, handheld PC, pager, telephone, personal digital assistant, “smart phone,” server or other electronic device. “Server Software” means software that provides services or functionality on a computer acting as a server. “Software Documentation” means any end user document included with server software. “Redistribution Software” means the software described in Paragraph 4 (“Use of Redistribution Software”) below.
2. Ownership of ProductsThe Products are licensed to File Sanctuary from an affiliate of the Microsoft Corporation (collectively “Microsoft”). All title and intellectual property rights in and to the Products (and the constituent elements thereof, including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text and “applets” incorporated into the Products) are owned by Microsoft or its suppliers. The Products are protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. Your possession, access, or use of the Products does not transfer any ownership of the Products or any intellectual property rights to you.
3. Use of Client SoftwareYou may use the Client Software installed on your Devices by File Sanctuary only in accordance with the instructions, and only in connection with the services, provided to you by File Sanctuary. The terms of this document permanently and irrevocably supersede the terms of any Microsoft End User License Agreement that may be presented in electronic form during your use of the Client Software.
4. Use of Redistribution SoftwareIn connection with the services provided to you by File Sanctuary, you may have access to certain “sample,” “redistributable” and/or software development (“SDK”) software code and tools (individually and collectively “Redistribution Software”). YOU MAY NOT USE, MODIFY, COPY, AND/OR DISTRIBUTE ANY REDISTRIBUTION SOFTWARE UNLESS YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO AND COMPLY WITH CERTAIN ADDITIONAL TERMS CONTAINED IN THE SERVICES PROVIDER USE RIGHTS (“SPUR”) APPLICABLE TO FILE SANCTUARY, WHICH TERMS MUST BE PROVIDED TO YOU BY FILE SANCTUARY. Microsoft does not permit you to use any Redistribution Software unless you expressly agree to and comply with such additional terms, as provided to you by File Sanctuary.Please contact File Sanctuary to discuss Redistribution Software as well as to review the additional terms.
5. CopiesYou may not make any copies of the Products; provided, however, that you may (a) make one copy of Client Software on your Device as expressly authorized by File Sanctuary; and (b) you may make copies of certain Redistribution Software in accordance with Paragraph 4 (Use of Redistribution Software). You must erase or destroy all such Client Software and/or Redistribution Software upon termination or cancellation of your agreement with File Sanctuary, upon notice from File Sanctuary or upon transfer of your Device to another person or entity, whichever occurs first. You may not copy any printed materials accompanying the Products.
6. Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation and DisassemblyYou may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Products, except and only to the extent that applicable law, notwithstanding this limitation, expressly permits such activity.
7. No RentalYou may not rent, lease, lend, pledge, or directly or indirectly transfer or distribute the Products to any third party, and may not permit any third party to have access to and/or use the functionality of the Products except for the sole purpose of accessing the functionality of the Products in the form of software services in accordance with the terms of this agreement and any agreement between you and File Sanctuary.
8. TerminationWithout prejudice to any other rights, File Sanctuary may terminate your rights to use the Products if you fail to comply with these terms and conditions. In the event of termination or cancellation of your agreement with File Sanctuary or File Sanctuary’s agreement with Microsoft under which the Products are licensed, you must stop using and/or accessing the Products, and destroy all copies of the Products and all of their component parts.
9. No WarrantiesLIABILITIES OR REMEDIES BY MICROSOFT. ANY WARRANTIES, LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES AND REMEDIES, IF ANY, ARE PROVIDED SOLELY BY FILE SANCTUARY AND NOT BY MICROSOFT, ITS AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARIES.FILE SANCTUARY DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY OR LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES OR REMEDIES, AS OUTLINED IN OUR HOSTING TERMS OF SERVICE.
10. Product SupportAny support for the Products is provided to you by File Sanctuary and is not provided by Microsoft, its affiliates or subsidiaries.
11. Not Fault TolerantTHE PRODUCTS MAY CONTAIN TECHNOLOGY THAT IS NOT FAULT TOLERANT AND ARE NOT DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, OR INTENDED FOR USE IN ENVIRONMENTS OR APPLICATIONS IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE PRODUCTS COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL, PROPERTY OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
12. Export RestrictionsThe Products are subject to U.S. export jurisdiction. File Sanctuary must comply with all applicable laws including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, as well as end-user, end-use and destination restrictions issued by U.S. and other governments. For additional information, see http://www.microsoft.com/exporting/.
13. Liabliity for BreachIn addition to any liability you may have to File Sanctuary, you agree that you will also be legally responsible directly to Microsoft for any breach of these terms and conditions.
Product Specific Terms
Windows Server 2012 StandardThe license terms that apply to your use of this product are the Universal License Terms, the General License Terms for this Licensing Model and the product-specific license terms below. License Mobility Within Server Farms: No See Applicable Notice: Potentially Unwanted Software, MPEG-4, VC-1 (see Appendix 2) Client/Additional Software: Yes (see Appendix 1)
Number of Licenses RequiredThe total number of software licenses required for a server equals the sum of the software licenses required under i) and ii) below. i) You need one software license for each physical processor on a server, which permits you to run on that server, at any one time:
- one instance of the server software in one physical operating system environment (or OSE) , and
- one instance of the server software in a virtual operating system environment (or OSE).
- run hardware virtualization software, or
- provide hardware virtualization services, or
- run software to manage and service operating system environments (or OSEs) on the licensed server.